skivo2 Ltd has taken great care with all the arrangements that concern your holiday and the contents of our website. We ask you to read the following conditions carefully before completing the online booking form. If you have any queries regarding any of the following points please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. PAYMENT: Please complete the online booking form and arrange an initial non-refundable deposit payment of £200 per person per week. This will confirm your provisional holding option. Our preferred method of payment is by bank transfer and details can be obtained from our UK office. Cheques can also be posted to our UK office made payble to “skivo2” or payment can be made with a debit or credit card via the telephone. If you are taking sole occupancy of the chalet then the required deposit will be equal to the number of beds in the chalet or number of guests in your party x £200 (whichever is the greater number). The total balance of the holiday is due no later than twelve weeks prior to departure. If payment is not received within this period the booking may be treated as cancelled and we reserve the right to retain the deposits which have been paid. If booking within twelve weeks of departure the full amount must be sent in with the booking form, paid for by credit or debit card over the telephone or a bank transfer arranged.
2. CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT: The following cancellation charge (less the £200 non refundable deposit – even if this as paid as part of the final balance payment) will apply once notice of cancellation has been received in writing. If the cancelled place is refilled by skivo2 at a later date the cancellation charges will still apply.
|CANCELLATION PERIOD BEFORE DEPART||CANCELLATION CHARGE AS % OF PRICE|
|Over 10 weeks – 12 weeks||40%|
|Over 8 weeks – 10 weeks||60%|
|8 weeks or less||100%|
3. CANCELLATION OR CHANGE OF CHALET BY skivo2: In the unlikely event we have to cancel your holiday, all monies paid to date will be refunded. In the event that your specified chalet becomes unavailable (for whatever reason) or we need to move you to another chalet for businss reasons, skivo2 retains the right to offer alternative chalet accommodation. If you elect not to accept this alternative chalet accommodation then all monies paid to date will be refunded. No other payment would be applicable in either of these instances.
4. CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE / FLIGHTS: skivo2 no longer organise flights or train travel although we will still be providing return airport (Geneva, Chambery, Grenoble and Lyon) / rail station (Moutiers) transfers. skivo2 have no part in the contract between you and the charterer, airline or train company. Please note that for returns to the various airports we will always leave a generous amount of time for the transfer journey, check-in and onward transit through the airport. It should be noted that as a result of any delay owing to accident, weather, guest lateness or any other incident out of the control of skivo2, then skivo2 will not be liable for any additional costs incurred due to missed flights.
5. DAMAGE: Any damage to the accommodation or any property by the client whether accidental or deliberate must be paid for in the resort.
6. PRICE GUARANTEE: The prices on this website are based on the foreign currency exchange rate of £1 = 1.15 euros. If at the time of preparing your final invoice the value of the pound drops from the level stated above, we reserve the right to add a surcharge to your holiday. We guarantee to limit this surcharge to £10 per person per week. In return we cannot give refunds should exchange rates alter favourably. Only Government action or War can alter this promise.
7. INSURANCE: You must have a valid winter sports insurance policy in place when making a booking with skivo2.
8. THE SKI COURSE: Lessons are two hours duration for five days and are free and included in the price of the holiday. Lessons are organised to include skiers of similar abilities and hence you may find lessons are at different times for members of your groups. However the courses are flexible and if you specifically ask to ski with friends we will do our best to accommodate you. If, in the unlikely event, you do not fit in to one of our lessons, you may have to take private ski lessons at an extra cost. Please note that should you either not ski or choose not to join in our lessons then no reduction will be offered from our standard holiday price. Snowboard tuition is not included in your holiday package and if any of your party would like snowboard tuition then we can put you in contact with RTM Snowboarding. These lessons must be prebooked and prepaid so please advise at the time of booking if you require this service.
9. INFANTS: Infants must be under the age of two years on date of return. An administration charge of £75 will be made for each infant. There is also an airport transfer charge or rail station transfer charge should this be required. Baby/child seats are provided free of charge.
10. PERSONAL BELONGINGS: skivo2 Ltd accepts no liability for loss, delay in transit or damage to personal belongings. Where third parties are involved, providing transport or any other services, reference must be made to their respective terms and conditions, which apply to their obligations and liabilities. skivo2 Ltd cannot under any circumstances be responsible for acts or ommissions of any third party.
11. CREDIT / DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS: Our preferred method of payment is by bank transfer. If it is more convenient for you to pay by debit/credit card we are happy to take payment this way but unfortunately have to pass on bank charges – a 0.5% admin charge will apply on all debit card payments and a 2.5% admin charge will apply on all credit card payments. We are not able to accept American Express. Our preferred payment method is by bank transfer but alternatively a cheque can be posted to our UK office. Please note that we are not a large business and some of our processes require a more flexible approach which does sometimes mean we don’t process debit or credit card payment the same day or even the same week (although we do endeavour to be as quick as possible as it is in our business interest to do so). skivo2 take no responsibility for any charges incurred by clients as a result of their own financial planning.
12. CHILDCARE: If required, must be pre-booked and prepaid.
13. SKI HIRE: We operate our own ski hire department and our qualified Ski Technician will make every effort to ensure your ski bindings are set appropriately. To effect accurate setting he will request your weight and ski ability level before setting the bindings in accordance with manufacturers guidelines. However, skiing accidents do happen and in the unlikely event of an accident occurring, skivo2 takes no responsibility. Guests re-adjusting their bindings during the course of their holiday, do so at their own risk.